Specialist, Integrated Direct Marketing
The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not-for-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Specialist, Integrated Direct Marketing to join our Philanthropy team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Integrated Direct Marketing, the Direct Marketing Specialist will use their considerable skills and experience to execute direct marketing strategies for multichannel programs. Working closely with both agency partners and internal colleagues, the incumbent will work to ensure our campaigns and projects are delivered effectively on time, on budget and meet defined needs.
With demonstrated experience in Direct Marketing, you will manage projects from the early planning stages through to execution. Key to this role are excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, project management expertise and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will have an interesting mix of work which involves supporting programs that are run in partnership with our colleagues in Major Gifts and Planned Giving as well as supporting a new stream of integration work that is currently underway.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity
- You are supportive, and productive team member, and preferably can demonstrate a high level of awesomeness.
- You excel in a matrix environment and will understand and value the need to work collaboratively with colleagues in a structure that is designed around the philosophy of “One Red Cross”.
- You are a dynamic, experienced professional who embraces the fast-paced environment of an organization that responds to the key issues of our time.
- You pay attention to detail, have a positive professional attitude, and the ability to work interdependently with colleagues from various programs.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will have the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations that supports emergencies and saves lives
In this role you will:
- Manage Direct Marketing campaigns supporting channel integration efforts by working with the Senior Manager, Integrated Direct Marketing, to brief the internal/external agencies, on Direct Marketing campaigns requirements, clearly identifying the objectives to be met
- Lead the production of integrated Direct Marketing campaigns, trafficking of art and copy through to the campaign approvals required
- Manage the Mid-Level Giving program’s Direct Marketing campaigns by coordinating Direct Marketing campaigns including Mail and E-mail for the Mid-Level Giving program aimed at retaining and upgrading mid-level ($10,000 – $25,000) donors
- Manage Planned Giving Lead Generation Direct Marketing campaigns by coordinating Direct Marketing campaigns including Mail and E-mail and Telemarketing for the Planned Giving lead generation program
We’re looking for:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Fund Development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising, direct marketing or equivalent experience in a complex environment, preferably within charitable sector
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines
- Proven strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Experience with CRM/databases
- Passion for driving results
- Demonstrated ability to produce program and project documentation, such as strategy documents, creative briefs, project plans, KPI reports
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using MS Office and extensive knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative with problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills
- Ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy in all scenarios
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Must successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference and vulnerable sector check
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.